Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Paleo Go-Go

When I initially had nutritional response testing, I came up sensitive to dairy, all grains, and potatoes.  As I sought out recipes that avoided those foods, I learned that my new diet for healing was pretty close to the Paleo diet. The thing about this diet is that it is very high in fats and difficult to maintain.

I've been trying to adhere to the restrictions (eating the occasional potato and legume), but have yet to be able to eliminate sugar and coffee.  My new food routine has me consuming the largest quantity of calories for breakfast: 2-3 slices of bacon and a smoothie consisting of: berries, a banana, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, flax meal, raw spinach, and pea protein powder with stevia (no sugar). 

Lunch is almost always a salad with meat. I fill an entire plate with mixed greens and top with broccoli slaw, tomatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms and bacon, turkey, or fish.

No comments: