Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thank You, David Brent

Okay, I'll be back to comment on this later, but just wanted to make sure I got it out there now.  I discovered the article on semi-crunchy mama's Facebook update and now I'm passing it along....



A Holiday Message from Ricky Gervais















I have finally returned for a very brief commentary on atheists vs Christians.  And that sentiment is precisely what bothers me....one group "versus" the other.  Despite trying to remain respectful of the faithful, Ricky still turns to an "us against them" mentality.  I would never ask a believer to defend her faith...it's rude and disrespectful.  Likewise, I expect to be treated with the same level of respect and not be asked about why I lack faith in a specific doctrine or doctrines.

3 comments:

Kristen @ My Semi-Crunchy Life said...

Can't wait to hear what you have to say about it. I've wanted to write a post about it too, but I have a few in draft already that I just can't articulate what I want to say. Boo.

And, look, I came out of hiding ;) Guess I'll buck up and, sort of, use my real name.

The Irreverent Mama said...

I don't even try as a writer on the blog....no time for all the drafting and editing. I barely have time to even post a few sentences a week.

Kristen @ My Semi-Crunchy Life said...

I agree about the us vs. them thing.

I really liked the article though and thought it was more tongue in cheek, like he was pointing out how absurd it was to ask him why he didn't believe by asking them why they did.

I definitely think there could (and should) be more respect coming from both sides.