Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Big Weigh-in

I got my 5% star on Thursday!  In 6 weeks, I've lost 5% of my total body weight.  Since I'm a small person to begin with, 5% was only 8 lbs.  I've actually lost 9.5 lbs since starting WW, so as long as I don't go overboard during Thanksgiving, I should be able to get my 10 pound star at my next weigh-in in two weeks.

As for the work-outs, that has been challenging now that I'm back to work and completely exhausted at the end of the day.  I'm still doing them, but the running is not going very well. I have not been able to get past the 2 mile/25 min mark.  Some days even that isn't possible.  I did a 60 minute power lift class on Thursday and I am so sore.  My legs and butt are killing me, so Friday I got on the treadmill and couldn't run longer than 5 minute stretches.  Even walking hurt.  Then toward the end of my time on the treadmill (I think I was at 2.33 miles), this man got on the treadmill next to me and he smelled horrific.  Not like stinky pits, but like pure filthy funk. He smelled like he was homeless, which is doubtful given that if he were homeless he probably wouldn't have a gym membership.  The stink was so unbearable, I had to leave.

I am heading to a 30 minute step class this morning, still sore.

No comments: