Friday, November 5, 2010

Day 3 of 28 Ways

I sincerely apologize for the lack of links in this post.  I promise to revisit Idea #3 and add links to worker-friendly companies as soon as possible.  For now, I only have time to post the idea itself.
Idea #3: Buy products from companies or manufacturers who employ fair trade policies and even better, those who do so while employing American workers in American factories.
I know that sometimes it's just not possible to find what you need at a locally owned business, but you can purchase products that were made outside of sweatshops or made in the USA by companies who treat their employees with dignity, respect, health care, and a living wage.
My aunt has been an employee of Costco for many years and I know they are one such company.  In fact, it's a good place to apply if you find yourself in need of a job.
I hear a baby crying, so more later...I promise.

No comments: