Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Writing Prompt 11/2

Tell us the story of a piece of jewelry you own. Where did it come from, and what does it mean to you?



When I was fifteen, I decided to leave the small theater school I had been a part of for four years.  I had never attended public school and, as an actor, was curious about "experiencing" the typical high school thing in order to use it later in my work.  I knew I probably wouldn't enjoy it, but nonetheless, I did it and looking back, I am glad.  I made several lifelong friends during the short time I attended FHS.


Now back to the prompt......the jade and silver ring.  As I was leaving the theater, one of my teachers and fellow performers was also leaving to take a job with a rep company in another state.  She always wore this ring on her pinky during performances.  I think it was a bit "much" for her everyday jewelry rotation.  While getting ready in the dressing room one evening, she gave me the ring.  She said it had been given to her in a similar way.  I still have the ring even though my fingers are too fat to wear it.  

No comments: