Thursday, November 11, 2010

Oh crap...I forgot a day!

I suppose we can add this to my list of many failures.  The looming return to work has me a bit preoccupied and it is taking its toll on my physical health as well so I'm not feeling the greatest.  Strangely, I am not unhappy about going back to work.  I do like my job and am looking forward to the new challenge I had placed before me yesterday: developing a small intervention program for 8-10 functionally illiterate students of average intelligence (meaning they are intellectually capable of full literacy).  I have never worked with adolescent non-readers before, so this will allow me to learn something and apply it immediately.  It's also nice that I will have a work period every other day to develop this before actually beginning the program.

I still intend to keep up with blogging as I venture into the world of middle school from 7:00 am --3:00 pm each day.  I'm sure I'll have lots of humorous stories to share (those kids really are hilarious).

No comments: